Tonight we were tired from the plane, and overheated from the summer. So we elected to have a dinner salad.
Included in the salad:
- Apples from Berkeley Bowl (the Farmers' Market is not until tomorrow).
- Bagged hearts of romain lettuce, from Earthbound Organics (also from Berkeley Bowl). Of the three heads, one was infested with little green bugs, and the other two were fine.
- Wax beans, tips removed and blanched for two minutes and chilled in ice water, from Farmers' Market last week.
- Blue cheese from Cheeseboard.
- Torpedo onion, from Berkeley Bowl, macerated in:
- Olive oil.
- Juice of one lemon, from the tree of a friend of the mom of a friend of mine.