For the crust:
- confectioners sugar ½ cup (sifted)
- flour (sifted) 1½ cup
- unsalted room temp water ¾ cup
MIX: Sifted confect. sugar, sifted flour, unsalted butter. It will take a while but beat on low speed until smooth sticky dough forms.
Put dough into pan and press down evenly into the bottom. ∼½ inch up sides. Bake ∼25–30 minutes until deep golden brown. Rotate so evenly golden.
- sifted flour ½ cup
- sugar 2¼ cup
- lemon juice 1 cup + 2 tbsp
- lemon zest grated (from any size lemon but I use medium to small)
- 6 large eggs, 1 large egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
When crust ready, pull out oven rack, pour lemon mixture directly into pan, REDUCE to 300°F, cook 30–35 min until custard not wobbly.