Saturday, January 3, 2009

Last post for a while: 17 December 2008



We often make a similar ragout, but this one was especially delicious. The kidney beans we have started soaking the night before, and boiled once before adding them to the ragout pot. As always, the potatoes and squash and the rest are cooked with butter and sage. The bread is from Acme (via Berkeley Bowl).

The following night, after some misadventure, we boarded a train to Oregon for Christmas. I failed to photograph our many delicious meals here in Oregon: crab, squab, salmon, lasagna, to name a few. In a few hours we will leave here for a trip to Fiji and New Zealand, where the food will not be as good but the swimming will be fantastic. I should start regular posting at the end of January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you resume posting to your blog?

you're an inspiration! I'm not good at math, and I'm not out, but you give me hope I can create life maybe half as cool as yours.

how 'bout an occasional pic of you at the table with your creation?

c3pohh (at) yahoo

Anonymous said...

will you resume posting to your blog?

you're an inspiration! I'm not good at math, and I'm not out, but you give me hope I can create life maybe half as cool as yours.

how 'bout an occasional pic of you at the table with your creation?

your cooking looks amazing!!
c3pohh (at) yahoo